What's new in this version:
- New Sky Swap AI — Automatically detects the sky in photos and creates a mask. Select from one of the over 100 included skies or import your own. You have complete control over the mask used to blend the sky and can use the masking tools you are already familiar with to adjust it as needed. You can adjust the sky to blend better with your foreground, even blur the sky to simulate a long exposure. Not only does it replace the sky, but it will adjust the foreground lighting and color and add a reflection of the sky to water found in the foreground. You can even copy and paste to other layers for ultimate control.
- New Time-Lapse Creation — The New time-lapse creation dialog can quickly create time-lapse videos from still photo sequences. You can preview your results right in the dialog and create quick proof versions or high-quality final results. It detects when the camera is bumped and can filter out misaligned frames. It also detects changes in exposure and can even them out automatically, making day to night videos possible. Finally, you can increase or decrease the speed to stretch out short sequences into longer, smooth videos.
- Integration of ON1 NoNoise AI — ON1’s powerful, AI-based noise removal is now built into the core raw processing in ON1 Photo RAW. You can use it on the fly and non-destructively, just like any other raw processing adjustment—no need to create intermediate DNG or TIF files.
- New Photoshop Plugin Host — You can now run plugins made for Adobe Photoshop right inside ON1 Photo RAW. If you have been collecting plugins for years, now you can access them and what makes them unique right inside the app where you do the rest of your work, no need to launch or subscribe to Photoshop.
- Newly Retooled Export — We took over 100 suggestions from our users and have rebuilt Export from the ground up. It is the most powerful Export and image converter you can imagine. First, presets are more powerful. You can run them right from the file menu, and you can run more than one simultaneously. There are more options for everything. In File Type, you can now create DNGs or export copies of the original. The file renaming is infinitely flexible, as is the creation of destinations. You can now use multiple watermarks at the same time and use text or graphics for them. Resizing is more powerful and flexible than ever. And finally, you have control over what metadata is written to exported files.
- New Line Mask Tool — Similar to a polygonal lasso or pen tool, it can quickly create masks using straight lines. You can now curve the lines, add and remove points, or change the feather and opacity of the shapes you create anytime, even after creation. They are entirely non-destructive and work hand-in-hand with the other powerful masking tools in ON1 Photo RAW.
- Backup and Restore — Prepare for the worst and recover easily with the backup and restore features. They back up all your work, settings, albums, presets, and extras. You can use the restore feature to recover from a disaster on your computer or migrate everything to a new computer.
- Favorites in Browse — We have added a Favorites pane to Browse to help you access frequently used folders easier. Drag and drop a folder you often access to the Favorites pane to create a shortcut to it. You can navigate through the favorites subfolder quickly in the Favorites pane without having to worry about all the folders above it.
- Customizable Thumbnails — Now, you have great flexibility over the appearance of the thumbnails in Browse. You can control what is displayed on them, how big the labels are and when they appear. You can choose between light or dark themes and also between regular or square thumbnails.
- Gestures — Zooming, panning, and changing photos is more natural with a smooth, animated experience, with full gesture support on macOS trackpads and Windows touch-screen devices
- Apple Silicon Native — ON1 Photo RAW now runs natively on Apple Silicon-based macOS computers