What's new in this version:
Audio Hijack 3.5.3
- Major Enhancement: The Broadcast block now offers presets for MP3 and AAC streaming, as well as fully customizable setups via the powerful new advanced encoding options
- Critical Bug Fix: Block presets will again save for all relevant blocks and all users
- Enhancement: Various interface improvements have been made, including properly Retina-izing the tag icon seen in the Broadcast block's popover
- Bug Fix: A rare issue where crackly AAC streaming could occur due to sample rate issues has been corrected
Audio Hijack 3.5.2
- Major Enhancement: When a server issue occurs after the successful start of a stream, the Broadcast block will re-try its connection for up to 10 minutes
- Critical Bug Fix: Several misbehaviors in the Switch block have been corrected
- Enhancement: The Broadcast block can now read metadata from a text file. See this link for more details
- Bug Fix: Station logos are now properly saved in presets
- Other: Improvements have been made to various error messages
Audio Hijack 3.5.1
- Critical Bug Fix: The Broadcast block now properly sends track titles to all server types, including Shoutcast 1.
- Critical Bug Fix: The Broadcast block's support for Icecast 2 servers has been adjusted and improved, to work better with hosts including Spreaker.com, Live 365, and more.
- Enhancement: The Broadcast block now properly supports fully manual track title information (in addition to automatic track titles pulled from supported sources). Text entered in the “Title Format” field will now be properly embedded in the stream for listeners to see, so broadcasters can manually add now playing information on the fly.
- Enhancement: A default station name is now provided by the Broadcast block, based on the logged-in user's name.
- Enhancement: The Broadcast block's “Track Titles” source can now be reset, by selecting the “No Source” option.
- Enhancement: When album artwork data is available, the Broadcast block now properly sends it to Shoutcast 2 servers. Shoutcast 1 and Icecast 2 servers don't support album artwork.
- Bug Fix: The Input Switch block is now correctly initialized with the “A” source active.
- Bug Fix: The “Host Name” field in the Broadcast block has been renamed to “Server Address”, to reduce confusion.
- Bug Fix: The Broadcast block's Station Logo field is now hidden when not streaming to a Shoutcast 2 server, as other server types don't support receiving station artwork.
- Other: A separate “Broadcast” log has been added to Audio Hijack's Debugging window.
- Other: Due to issues with problematic servers, the Broadcast block's “Auto Detect” option for Server Type has been removed. Existing setups will be switched to a fixed server type; users should verify this change.
Audio Hijack 3.5.0
- Audio Hijack now offers a brand-new Broadcast output block. With Broadcast, you can stream to an internet radio server in MP3 or AAC formats. It's perfect for running livecasts of podcast recordings, as well as powering internet radio streams, and livestreaming DJ sets
- Audio Hijack also has a new Input Switch block, which allows you to toggle between two different audio sources with a quick click
- The Template Chooser now includes a new “Internet Radio” template, perfect for getting started broadcasting audio with Audio Hijack
- The Audio Capture Engine (ACE) has been updated to 9.0.4, which includes several small improvements
Audio Hijack 3.3.8
- Major Enhancement: Audio Capture Engine (ACE) has been updated to 9.0.2, to fix several small issues related to installation
- Enhancement: Audio Hijack now works around device visibility issues caused by incorrect behavior seen in apps such Boom
- Enhancement: Audio Hijack's MP3 encoder (LAME) has been updated to version 3.100
- Bug Fix: The Preferences window has been updated for improved VoiceOver compatibility
- Other: A second update to License window has been made
Audio Hijack 3.3.7
- Major Enhancement: Audio Capture Engine (ACE) is the new name for Rogue Amoeba's audio capture backend (formerly called “Instant On”). ACE has been updated to version 9.0, with several small fixes and improvements
- Enhancement: VoIP support for GoToMeeting has been updated to support all versions, including new versions from LogMeIn
- Enhancement: Improvements have been made to Audio Hijack's FLAC recording
- Other: The License window has been updated and improved
Audio Hijack 3.3.6
- Major Enhancement: Instant On has been updated to version 8.4.5, with important compatibility fixes for Skype 8, along with other small fixes
- Audio Hijack now has full VoIP capture support for Scopia Desktop and LINE
- Critical Bug Fix: Application audio capture will now always occur at the correct sample rate, rather than incorrectly defaulting to 44.1 kHz
- Bug Fix: Audio Hijack's updated audio capture engine now works as expected with single-site browser (SSB) apps such as those made by Epichrome
- Bug Fix: The “Limit Audio Capture To” option in the Application Source block now behaves as expected for all apps, including VoIP apps
- Bug Fix: A rare crash which could occur when deleting an active Recorder block has now been corrected
- Bug Fix: The minimum sample rate for 320 kbps AAC has been corrected to match AAC specifications
- Bug Fix: Audio Hijack can once again launch Plex Media Player as expected
- Bug Fix: Audio capture now works as expected when a device with very high sample rates (above 192 kHz) is in use
- Bug Fix: Audio playback with single-channel devices has been corrected to properly provide both channels
- Other: Audio Hijack now has full compatibility with MacOS 10.13 (High Sierra)
Audio Hijack 3.3.5
- Major Enhancement: Instant On has been updated to version 8.4.4, with important crash fixes for MacOS 10.13. There are also improvements to audio capture from VMWare Fusion, FaceTime, and Flash running in Safari
- Major Enhancement: “Microsoft Teams” is now supported as a VoIP input source
- Enhancement: Meters throughout Audio Hijack have been improved to use less CPU
- Enhancements: Important improvements have been made to improve the way Audio Hijack behaves for VoiceOver users
- Bug Fix: Multiple improvements have been made to timers, as part of a never-ending quest to ensure their reliability
- Other: Many small improvements have been added to make reading the Help manual easier
- Other: Visual and reliability improvements have been made to our Extras installer window
- Other: Audio Hijack now has (extremely) preliminary compatibility with MacOS 10.13 (High Sierra). We still recommend users stick with a fully supported version of MacOS for now
- Other: Audio Hijack now requires MacOS 10.10 (Yosemite) or higher. If you're still on 10.9 (or lower), be sure to see our Legacy page
Audio Hijack 3.3.4
- Enhancement: “Cisco Jabber” is now supported as a VoIP input source
- Other: This version temporarily reverts an update to the audio capture backend which was part of Audio Hijack 3.3.3. The updated capture method requires a bit more time and testing
Audio Hijack 3.3.3
- Major Enhancement: Instant On has been updated to version 8.4.2, with full support for MacOS 10.12 (Sierra) and other small improvements
- Critical Bug Fix: Schedule Helper has been updated to version 2.0.1, and can be updated in the “Install Extras” window. Schedule Helper's backend ScheduledWakeTool, which is used to wake the Mac for scheduled sessions, was updated to workaround issues caused by MacOS 10.12 (Sierra)
- Enhancement: “Amazon Chime”, “Skype for Business”, “QQ”, and “WeChat” are all now supported as VoIP input sources
- Enhancement: The audio capture backend has been updated to be more robust, and this new style capture is now used by default when Instant On is installed. Users shouldn't notice any changes
- Bug Fix: The “Hide Library” button now shows a proper state
- Bug Fix: Audio Hijack now reopens windows on the correct screen when multiple screens are connected to your Mac
- Other: Many other small improvements, enhancements, and fixes have been made
Audio Hijack 3.3.2
- Critical Bug Fix: We've corrected an issue where deleting blocks on MacOS 10.12 (Sierra) could cause an exception in Core Animation and leave the UI in an inconsistent state until relaunched.
- Enhancement: The “Avaya Spark” app is now supported as a VoIP input source.
- Enhancement: Audio Hijack now better shows when an audio device has gone missing.
- Enhancement: Several minor corrections have been made for the “Install Extras” window when using Full Keyboard Access.
- Bug Fix: The left and right arrows again work to navigate in the Sessions tab.
- Bug Fix: A VoiceOver-related crash on Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) has been fixed. along with an issue where VoiceOver users couldn't edit tags in the Recordings tab.
- Bug Fix: Adjustments have been made to enable FaceTime to be captured on MacOS 10.12 (Sierra).
- Other: Due to changes in iTunes 12.5, Audio Hijack now requires Instant On to capture audio from iTunes, and will prompt the user if needed.
- Fixed a VoiceOver bug: Was crashing on 10.9 when attempting to interact with a recording or schedule timer.
Audio Hijack 3.3.1
- Major Enhancement: Instant On has been updated to version 8.3, with preliminary support for MacOS 10.12 (Sierra).
- Minor Enhancement: The “Install Extras” window has been modernized.
- Bug Fix: Timer conflict detection has been revised and no longer incorrectly identifies conflicts between unrelated Sessions.
- Bug Fix: An issue where iTunes couldn’t successfully edit tags in newly recorded .mp4 files has been worked around.
- Bug Fix: VoiceOver users can now properly access the expanded contents of recordings and timers.
- Bug Fix: A rare crash which could occur with Audio Units from IK Multimedia has been fixed.
- Other: Several other small improvements are included.
Audio Hijack 3.3.0
- Major Enhancement: It's now possible for advanced users to lower audio processing latency! The new latency slider in Audio Hijack's preferences can be adjusted to reduce or remove any slight echoing you may hear while monitoring audio flow through Audio Hijack.
- Major Enhancement: Audio Hijack now offers safer recording for AAC and Apple Lossless (ALAC) files, to avoid any loss of audio in the event of an issue. There are now two different “Container” options. The new .mp4 is recommended, but the older .m4a option remains available.
- Major Enhancement: Capturing audio from the Slack application is now fully supported when Instant On is installed.
- Major Enhancement: The Instant On component has been updated to version 8.2.6, with a plethora of small fixes and improvements.
- Enhancement: The Menu Bar Meters block now has proper Retina art in the menu bar. Our long, blurry nightmare is finally over. As well, the desired meter type is now correctly saved.
- Enhancement: Files in the Recordings tab can now be right-clicked to access a contextual menu, offering controls for manipulating the recording.
- Enhancement: The Schedule area of the Home window will now visually indicate when conflicts exist between timers.
- Enhancement: The Time Shift block has been improved in several ways, fixing a display issue with large jumps, providing a better VoiceOver value, and improving the explanatory text.
- Enhancement: The default quality levels have been improved for both MP3 and AAC recordings.
- Enhancement: Presets for several blocks have been improved to save additional settings, including saving album art as part of Recorder block presets, saving all settings in the Application source block, and saving the specified channels in an Output block.
- Enhancement: When an audio device's name changes, Audio Hijack will immediately reflect the new name.
- Enhancement: A selected item in the Recordings area will now collapse if multiple files are selected. As well, Recordings (and Timers in the Schedule tab) will toggle between expanded and collapsed when clicked, as well as with the left and right arrow keys.
- Enhancement: Audio Hijack can convert .mp4 files to .m4a, for compatibility purposes. To access the conversion option, right-click the file in the Recordings area.
- Enhancement: VoiceOver improvements! When VoiceOver is active, a “Pin Popover Open” option is added to contextual menus for blocks. The popover window's role has also been adjusted, so popovers appear in VoiceOver's ‘Window Chooser'. Finally, labels for the “Close” and “Pin” buttons in popovers have been improved.
- Enhancement: AirPlay output device name changes are now better recognized, and a better title (“No AirPlay Receiver Selected”) is shown if AirPlay doesn't have a destination set.
- Bug Fix: The display of app names for background processes (accessible by holding option while clicking the Source select in an Application block) has been improved.
- Bug Fix: An issue where HE-AAC files could suffer from slow playback in the Recordings tab has been corrected.
- Bug Fix: The low-end Hz frequency readouts for the DeHum, Low Pass, and Mono Enhancer blocks no longer incorrectly round to the nearest 10 Hz.
- Bug Fix: A recursion where tokens in Recorder fields could refer back to one another and cause an infinite loop has been fixed.
- Bug Fix: A crash which could be caused by malformed ID3 tags has been corrected.
- Bug Fix: An issue where incompletely loaded windows could appear when importing a Session has been corrected.
- Other: Audio Hijack now better conveys why there's a delay if AAC files are finalized on quit.
- Other: Many smaller improvements have also been made, including better trial warning text in the Session's LCD, limiting the dimensions of saved album art (900x900px), cosmetic improvements to the Recordings tab, cosmetic improvements for missing audio devices, revised art for missing inputs, improved handling of playback via spacebar in the Recordings area, and improved popover placement near the menu bar.