What's new in this version:
Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2019 16.1.6
Security Advisory Notices:
- CVE-2019-1077 Visual Studio Extension Auto Update Vulnerability
- An elevation of privilege vulnerability exists when the Visual Studio Extension auto-update process improperly performs certain file operations. An attacker who successfully exploited this vulnerability could delete files in arbitrary locations. To exploit this vulnerability, an attacker would require unprivileged access to a vulnerable system. The security update addresses the vulnerability by securing locations the Visual Studio Extension auto-update performs file operations in.
CVE-2019-1075 ASP.NET Core Spoofing Vulnerability:
- A spoofing vulnerability exists in ASP.NET Core that could lead to an open redirect. An attacker who successfully exploited the vulnerability could redirect a targeted user to a malicious website. To exploit the vulnerability, an attacker could send a link that has a specially crafted URL and convince the user to click the link.
- The security update addresses the vulnerability by correcting how ASP.NET Core parses URLs. Details can be found in the .NET Core release notes.
CVE-2019-1113 WorkflowDesigner XOML deserialization allows code execution:
- A XOML file referencing certain types could cause random code to be executed when the XOML file is opened in Visual Studio. - There is now a restriction on what types are allowed to be used in XOML files. If a XOML file containing one of the newly unauthorized types is opened, a message is displayed explaining that the type is unauthorized.
Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2019 16.1.5
- Fixed known issue: Merge tools in "Resolve conflicts" not shown
Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2019 16.1.4
- Fixed known issue: The debugger's worker process (msvsmon.exe) unexpectedly exited. Debugging will be aborted
- Fixed known issue: VS 2019 crashes when debugging async code
- Fixed known issue: Xamarin problem following update to VS2019 16.1
- Fixed known issue: [Xcode11] [Simulator] Updating to Xcode 11 stops the simulator from launching
- Improved the reliability of Visual Studio by fixing an intermittent issue that happens when opening solutions
- Fixed a crash with the search functionality in locals / autos / watch windows when the IDE is not in break mode
Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2019 16.1.3
- Fixed known issue: Fixed VSiX Installer throwing an IOException when executed from Visual Studio installation folder
- Fixed known issue: Removed double-prompting for survey on uninstall
- Enabled a help link for new users to get help choosing a workload
Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2019 16.1.1
- Custom tasks with default contextType via tasks.vs.json are broken in Open Folder
- No snapshot created for C++ native code in Memory Usage tool in the Diagnostic Tools window while debugging
- Crash in VS 16.1.0 when pressing the link “search online”
- Fixed the issue where sometimes certain features (i.e. Find All References) in LiveShare guest session do not work
- Fixed an issue where the devenv.exe process could hang around after shutdown of Visual Studio for up to 30 seconds
Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2019 16.1.0
- We have added Per-Monitor Awareness support
- New codefixes are available for C#
- Most Recently Used has been added to Visual Studio Search
- Source Link authentication improvements have been implemented
- We have added nuget.org symbol server to the list of default symbol servers
- Time Travel Debugging preview now includes exception stepping support
- We have removed the need for .resx file in VSIX projects (BuildTools update)
- VSIX Project template now uses the new SDK version
- You can now experience optimizations to improve the solution load time of very large solutions
- Template authors can add custom tags to their templates
- There is now CodeLens support for custom UI
- We have provided updates to Language Server Protocol implementation
- We have updated behavior for switching between solutions, folders, and other views
- In-editor documentation for CMake has been added
- Use Windows Subsystem for Linux with C++ natively in Visual Studio, and AddressSanitizer for Linux projects and WSL
- We have made improvements and modified colorization in C++ Quick Info tooltips
- We have implemented new C++ Code Analysis quick fixes
- We have released more performance improvements and a bulk of bug fixes for F# and F# tooling
- New .NET productivity features include one-click code cleanup on projects and solutions, a new toggle block comment keyboard shortcut, refactoring to move types to other namespaces
- You can now clone code from an SSH URI through the clone screen in the start window
- .NET Productivity additions in this release include intellisense completion for unimported types, toggling single-line comment/uncomment, exporting naming styles to editorconfig, and a new code style setting for preferring usings inside/outside namspaces
- We have implemented .NET SDK tooling additions primarily around supporting WinForms and WPF projects for .NET Core 3.0 along with bug fixes and performance improvements
- Visual Studio SDK v16.0 has been released to NuGet
- A preview of the XAML Designer for .NET Core 3.0 WPF development is available
- Default Android Experience for Xamarin now supports API 28
- Xamarin.Forms XAML recommendations for design time attributes
- Top Issues Fixed in Visual Studio 2019 version 16.1
- Cannot navigate to the symbol under the caret in ASP.NET MVC Projects
- Resx editor doesn't render
- Find All References minimises when using arrow keys
- Could not copy the file "objx64DebugManagement.exe" because it was not found
- Xamarin.iOS cannot find the application manifest. Please ensure the project contains a manifest file named 'Info.plist"
- nmake environment missing path to NETFX tools
- Clicking on a ASP.NET Core project in solution opening the project .csproj file
- [MSConnect 3142311] Visual Studio IDE ?? E1449,???????????,???? -> Visual Studio IDE prompt E1449, but the code can compile and run normally, and the result is also correct
- Assembly reference is removed from project after running app referencing library
- When updating Visual Studio 2019 from RC to GA, RC shortcuts for Visual Studio are left behind
Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017 16.0.0
- Change log not available for this version
Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017 15.9.11
- Access violation C++ /CLI 15.9.5 ISO C++ Latest Draft Standard since 15.9.5
- PGO Code Gen Bug - Vectorized instruction accessing memory OOB
- We have implemented a C++ compiler fix to correct exception handling support for code using setjmp/longjmp in Release mode
- We have implemented a C++ linker fix regarding information in PDB where the incorrect module info could result in heap corruption when producing a stripped PDB file either by PDBCopy.exe or by link.exe when option /PDBSTRIPPED is specified
- We have corrected dual signing of the ARM64 Visual C++ Redistributable installer
Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017 15.9.10
- We have fixed an issue with debugging using Docker when a web proxy is configured
- In debugging using Docker, you will now experience improved error handling for failures related to drive sharing configuration (for example, expired credentials)
Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017 15.9.9
- SSDT: We fixed a crash in the SSIS Foreach Loop container
- A few .NET native for UWP customer issues were fixed in .NET native tools 2.2 (UWP 6.2.4)
- We have corrected dual signing of Visual C++ Redistributable installers
Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017 15.9.8
- ModelBus-enabled text transformation fails on 15.8
- SSDT: Fix to improve performance of loading solutions with multiple projects
Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017 15.9.7
These are the customer-reported issues:
- Crashes when expanding variables!
- /DEBUG:FASTLINK + C7 + PCH crashes debugger
- Native C++ application crashes because of stack corruption with VS 2017 15.9.2
- Incorrect Release Mode code
- Xamarin Unobserved Task Exception WebRequest
- Link /SOURCELINK option seems to do nothing. This fixes Source Link for Managed C++ Debugging
- Fixed an issue with corruption of AVX/MPX/AVX512 registers while Debugging
- Update of Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00.UWPDestkop framework packages for C++ UWP DesktopBridge applications adding support for ARM64
- Corrected incorrect version of VCToolsRedistVersion in Microsoft.VCToolsVersion.default.props
- Corrected unsigned embedded dll for VC Redist installers
- SSDT/Web Tools: We fixed an issue where SQL LocalDB was not installed on Polish, Turkish, and Czech locales
- SSDT: We fixed an issue affecting SQL Server Aalysis Services (Method not found exception when clicking on UI)
- SSDT: We fixed an accessibility issue which was causing the contents of a table not to be visible in the result window when using High-Contrast mode
Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017 15.9.6
- Installation failures of the Unity Editor component in China
- Starting a new nanoFramework project from a template
- Deployment errors after VS2017 update
- Android Deploy failed - Error ADB0010
- Error in German translation: info bar "session closed unexpectedly"
- Visual Studio 2017 create offline layout problem: Failed to load from stream for non-ENU layouts
- Extension auto-update can leave extension disabled
Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017 15.8.9
- Added support for Xcode 10.1 in Visual Studio Tools for Xamarin.
- Updated the Xamarin.Forms template to Xamarin.Forms 3.3.0.
- Update 15.8.6 breaks Installer Projects.
- Internal Compiler error in VS15.8 msc1.cpp line 1518.
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 Installer Projects 0.8.8 and VS 15.8.6.
- SFINAE fails to detect matching overloaded function in preview VS preview 3 15.9.0.
- XAML Designer crash on Visual Studio close.
Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017 15.8.8
- These are the customer-reported issues addressed in 15.8.8:
- /DEBUG:FASTLINK no debug info for STL types included via PCH.
- Bad codegen seen in 15.8 RTW compiler.
- Heap corruption in stack unwinding when inlining function.
- Linker consumes 6 GB of memory for specific test case.
Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017 15.8.7
- Visual Studio Team Services is now Azure DevOps! You will see this new branding in Team Explorer and in references across Visual Studio.
Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017 15.8.6
Summary of What's New in 15.8.6:
- The latest Windows 10 SDK is available.
Top Issues Fixed in 15.8.6:
- These are the customer-reported issues addressed in 15.8.6:
- NuGet packages for Intellisense are broken.
- Visual Studio closes after opening sln.
- App.Config XML editor still freezing in 15.8.4.
- Details of What's New in 15.8.6:
- Latest Windows 10 SDK for Universal Windows Platform developers
- The latest Windows 10 SDK (build 17763) is now available as an optional component for the Universal Windows Platform development workload. You can add this SDK to the workload by selecting the Windows 10 SDK (10.0.17763.0) checkbox.
Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017 15.8.5
- Debugger tooltip does not expand in Xamarin.iOS debugging session.
- Debugger won't let me leave execution point (Android).
- After updating to 15.8.1, data tip does not show when debugging.
- Debugger data tip does not expand [Editor].
- Exception:MSB0001: Internal MSBuild Error: Already registered for build-time.
- Wrong path to resource in manifest for ClickOnce after upgrading to VS 15.8.1.
- ClickOnce Manifest error in 15.8.
- ClickOnce Publish is missing certain references.
- ClickOnce: Language file copied to wrong location.
- Reference missing in the ClickOnce publish folder.
- Compiling non-.NET SDK style F# projects results in an internal MSBuild error unless MSBuild parallelism is set to 1.
- F# is not NGEN'd in Visual Studio.
- F# deploys the FSharp.Core 126.96.36.199 binary in the 188.8.131.52 location.
Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017 15.2.26430.16
- Fixed a WebDeploy install issue on RS3
Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017 15.2.26430.15
- Fix crash when specific unnamed code constructs were used in C/C++ code
Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017 15.2.26430.14
- New Project menu fails with error "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: eventId"
- VS2017 fails to start and immediately errors out with "Unknown Error" message
Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017 15.2.26430.13
- Update to Visual Studio (version 15.2) solution loading caused forced restart
- Visual Studio 2017 randomly restarts after 15.2 update